1. Havas SO is committed to protecting your personal data
Havas SO (“we”, “our”) is committed to protecting your personal data and your privacy. We encourage you to carefully read this Data Protection Policy (“Policy”).
This Policy informs you of our data protection and privacy practices and the way your personal data is collected and used by Havas SO. This Policy will be readily available on our home page and at the bottom of each page of this Website.
Havas SO strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
This Policy is applicable to all Havas SO entities which collect, process, use, transfer and store personal data.
2. How we process your personal data
Havas SO respects the rights of each individual to have their privacy and personal data protected. Havas SO will observe the following principles when processing your personal data:
- Processing your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner;
- Collecting your personal data for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes;
- Collecting your personal data which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render personal data anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses;
- Maintaining your personal data accurate, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete data that is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Keeping your personal data only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
- Processing your personal data in accordance with the individual’s legal rights;
- Taking appropriate technical and organizational security measures to keep your data safe and prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal data;
- Processing your personal data only if it is lawful in accordance with a legal basis including if you have unambiguously given your consent to such process.
3. Why we collect your personal data
Havas SO may collect personal data from you to complete following operations:
- profile creation;
- information requests;
- subscriptions to newsletters and sending those letters;
- job applications;
- events hosting and administration;
- website analytics;
- managing data subject rights.
4. What data is collected
Havas SO collects and uses your personal data with appropriate notice and consent when it is required, and after having informed you in a proper way.
Generally, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘Data subject’). An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Data that has been rendered anonymous in such a way that the individual is not or no longer identifiable is no longer considered personal data. This Policy does not cover personal data rendered anonymous.
The types of personal data we collect from you may include:
- your name, surname, age, company, email address, phone number;
- educational and employment background, and job interest data (for candidates);
- online identifiers (cookie id, pixels, IP address)
- website navigation behaviour.
5. How we use your personal data
We gather and use personal data for the following purposes:
Newsletters and promotional e-mails: we collect personal data when you ask to receive newsletters. We use this data to provide you the information you request.
Contact information: if you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including personal data, in a file specific to you. We use this data to help us provide you a better service in the event you contact us again.
Events: if you register for one of our events, we use your personal data for administering your participation in this event. This may include information about the event’s content, event logistics, payment, updates, and additional information related to the event. We may also disclose your personal data to third party suppliers engaged by us to assist in the conduct of an event. Information you provide when registering for or participating in an event managed or co-sponsored by parties other than or in addition to Havas SO may be shared with those parties, and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies of those parties.
Recruitment: we process personal information of candidates to manage the recruitment process.
We’ll keep your personal data for the duration needed to complete the purpose for which it was collected.
6. Lawful basis for processing your personal data
By providing us with your personal data and/or using the websites and/or entering into a contract with us, you consent to our processing your personal data for the purposes described in this Policy.
You also consent to our transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will provide appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is duly protected. If you provide us with personal data about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by means established in section 9 of this Policy.
7. Third parties and suppliers
Havas SO use external providers which may have access to your personal data. These third parties provide services such as hosting, technical connections in our applications or may help us to process your personal data as described in this Policy. Havas SO has signed agreements with such providers in accordance with GDPR requirements.
8. Links to third-party websites
We may also provide social media links that enable you to share data with your social networks and to interact with Havas SO on various social media sites. Your use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of data about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the data that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
If you post, comment, indicate interest, or share personal data, including photographs, to any public forum, social network, blog, or other such forum, please be aware that any personal data you submit can be read, viewed, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to contact you, send you unsolicited messages, or for purposes that neither you nor Havas SO have control over. Havas SO is not responsible for the personal data you choose to submit in these forums.
9. Your data protection rights
- Right of access. As data subjects you may inquire as to the nature of the personal data Havas SO owned about you. You will be provided access to your personal data regardless of the location of the data processing and storage.
- Right to rectification. If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be amended.
- Right to object. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal by Havas SO.
- Right to erasure. You can ask for the deletion of your personal data when it is allowed by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Right to restriction of processing. You have the right to require a restriction of the processing of your personal data when it is authorized by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Right to data portability. If you meet the conditions settled by the applicable data protection laws and regulation, you have the right to receive a subset of your personal data and to transmit them from Havas SO to another data controller. You can also require the direct transmission from Havas SO to another controller when it is technically feasible.
- Right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. All requests for aforementioned rights, and any questions regarding this Data Protection Policy, may be sent to: Havas Data Protection Officer Data.firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Changes to this Policy
Havas SO reserves the right to modify this Policy as needed, for example, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, Havas SO practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by data protection authorities.
In this case, Havas SO will inform Havas SO candidates and other persons of any material changes in this policy.
Last update: August 2022